Have you been unimpressed with the way your skin looks? Putting makeup on skin that is anything but perfect can seem to make it look worse.. I heard once that your makeup only looks as good as your skin.. Here are some guidelines to help your skin look great and feel great, so that your makeup goes on like a dream!
1. CLEANSE! Make sure to remove all makeup, oil, and residue before going to bed (NEVER SLEEP WITH MAKEUP ON!) and cleanse again once you wake up as part of your morning ritual.
2.EXFOLIATE! 2-3 times per week, but don't over do it. Over exfoliated skin may cause the skin to thin and lead to more problems or irritation. A scrub or light peel are some good places to start.
3. TREAT! Vitamins A, C, & E carry antioxidants which help to fight free radicals which cause redness, inflammation, skin cancer, and many other conditions. Using an antioxidant rich serum before your moisturizer will help to keep your skin clear and glowy! Also, taking oral antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin D help our bodies to fight off free radicals and function properly.
4. MOISTURIZE! Never skip your moisturizer. There is a sea of products to explore for different skin types. Moisturizing helps to protect your skins natural barrier and holds in moisture for regular cell function. Dry skin = a flaky, textured mess.
5. EYE CREAMS! The skin around your eyes is very delicate and requires some serious hydration that is specialized for this area. Keeping the eye are moisturized means prolonging premature aging!
6. SUNSCREEN! Please for the sake of all things holy, DO NOT SKIP THE SUNSCREEN! Natural sunlight is 60% Infrared Light, 35% Ultraviolet Light, and 5% Visible Light. What the means is, UV light is always present and even when the burning light isn't as prevalent, the aging light is. Wearing sunscreen helps to protect your skin from the sun which is the #1 cause of premature aging and skin cancer. You'll thank me later, trust me. Just adding a broad spectrum SPF 30 to your morning routine will make a world of difference in the quality of your skin.
7. DRINK WATER! Our bodies are made up of 65-75% water. Our cells and organs need water to function properly. Staying hydrated helps the overall appearance and health of our skin, which is the largest organ in our bodies.
Here are a few of my personal favorite products!